Pick up in Bordeaux or surroundings : 9:15 am
Drop off at your resting place : 6 pm
-Visit of the Lansac windmill situated at the top of 69 meters high hill that allows it to see the landscape on almost 360° and to contemplate the Dordogne river with its bridges, water towers, churches and other mills surroundings.
You will have the opportunity to buy some flour and to visit the house of the miller that welcomes several cultural exhibitions.
- Visit of the “Pair-non-Pair”prehistoric cave.
The cave of Pair non Pair is decorated with parietal engravings representing horses, ibexes, cervids, mammoths and cattle dated Aurignacien (between 33 000 and 26 000 years before Christ). Moving testimony of the artistic awakening of the humanity, it is one of the most remarkable decorated caves of the beginning of the upper Palaeolithic.
- Wine tasting session at the Wine Information Center, situated on the threshold of the old town of Bourg facing the estuary. Products scratched "Côtes de Bourg" are in the underground cellar which offers a wide choice of wines. Beautiful garden overlooking the Dordogne River. (optional)
- Lunch in a restaurant in the heart of the fortified village of Bourg sur Gironde
The medieval village of Bourg is ideally located at the confluence of the Dordogne and Garonne.
Its rich historic and architectural heritage has earned it official recognition as a historic village.
- Enjoy a refined and gourmand picnic in the heart of the vineyard. *
- Visit of a family run estate in the Côtes de Bourg wine appellation followed by a tasting of two red wines.
- Discovery of the widest estuary of Europe from the picturesque cliff road lined with blossomed gardens, old fisher men houses and high chalky cliffs harbouring troglodytic dwellings.
- Stopover to enjoy the view at the Virgin of Montuzet, on the estuary and its numerous islands.
- Visit of a last wine estate of the Blaye wine appellation in the steps of Charlemagne and of the pilgrims on the road to Santiago de Compostela. The tour ends with a tasting of one white and of one red wine.
* Only available in summer