Departure Bordeaux and surroundings: 9:30 am
Drop off Bordeaux: 6pm
- Visit of a remarkable fortress and wine estate located on a hilltop dominating the vineyards of the Entre-deux-Mers region. During this hitoric and technical tour you will discover the winemaking secrets and benefit from the breathtaking view over the Entre-deux-Mers region.
You will have the opportunity to taste 3 wines of different colors and of 3 distinctive appellations (designed areas): Bordeaux, Bordeaux supérieur, Entre-deux-Mers.
- Lunch in one of the Partner restaurant located in the fortified village of Créon.
- Stop at the abbey of La Sauve Majeure, a masterpiece of romanesque art listed at UNESCO heritage site as part of the ways of St James. *
-Visit of a beautiful family-owned wine estate of the Cadillac Côtes de Bordeaux wine appellation. During this very informative tour, you will discover the characteristics of the grape varieties representative of the right bank, as well as the wine making process to produce a well balanced red wine with an an outstanding bouquet, but also a delicious sweet desert white wine. You will also admire the beautiful troglodytes caves of the property and a wine storehouse of the XVIII th century dug out of the rock. This visit is followed by a tasting of 3 or 4 wines of different colors: red, white and rosé.
- Stop at Le Broussey Monastery to have a look on its remarkable church and admire the surrounding landscapes.
- Visit of another charming family owned property followed by a tasting of 3 wines accompagnied by sweet delicatessen.
* Possible self-guided visit of the abbey according to time and interest